• In the Spotlight:

would you feel bad if your inlaws didnt get you, hubby or your child anything for christmas?

my son is there only grandson and they didnt get him anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• it would depend on if they have the $ to buy presents and if they bought gifts for the rest of their family
    Anonymous

• No. I don't expect gifts from the people I love. My mil did send us a $50 check to buy gifts for our 4 children and my husband is pissed. He is refusing to cash it because his mother is on disability and can barely afford to live let alone give our kids money for crap they don't need.
    We live with my dad and he also did not get the kids anything for Christmas and I didn't care. He lets us live here so that is gift enough for me. I still gave the kids gifts that said from "Papa" on them because they are used to getting stuff from him.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My FIL sent us $50 and both our kids $20 each. He is on a fixed income. We sent him $50 also for Christmas....so basically, he got his money back. :-) We don't expect anything from anyone.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Um I might feel bad for your hubby. As the one bringing the dysfunctional into our family, lol, I feel awful on a regular basis. I love my family but they aren't always reliable like his and it's hard being the one bringing that to the table in marriage and parenthood. Idk if that helps but try not get too bummed, your husband is likely embarrassed enough for the three of you.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i wouldnt feel bad if my DH & i didnt get presents, but i would if my DD got nothing. but only b/c i know my inlaws can afford it & shes the only grandkid. even if it was just a little something or a card id be fine. id only be really upset if they gave presents to everyone else but not my lil girl.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my inlaws do make alot of money and they got there other daughter and son and his g/f gifts but not us...
    Anonymous

• I'd have to assume that money was super tight. I know our Christmas was pretty skimpy compared to past years! Maybe they just couldn't afford it. I wouldn't be too upset by it!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yes, I'd be pissed. You mentioned that they do make alot of money and that they got other people in the family gifts? I'd especially be upset because they didn't get your son anything. Not sure why they would do that. Ask them.
    Anonymous

• No, gifts are nice, but, not expected.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 10:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'd be relieved. At least I wouldn't have to pretend we liked the crap that they send. Really no gift is better than spending 10 bucks at the dollar store on a bunch of little crap the kids get excited about tand then get upset 3 days later when its broken becvause it's garbage in the first place. I'd rather they sent the 10 bucks. At least then it could be combined with other monies for something they want.
    Anonymous