Toddler Beds

A lot of you seen my previous post about trying to break my son from sleeping in our bed. In attempt to do this we put him in his bed last night. He started crying a while later. My husband goes in there to find him strattling his crib trying to go over it. He is just starting to walk some and he doesn't really climb...or I didn't know until last night. When do you start putting them in a toddler bed? Does it have to be a toddler bed? I really like the little car twin beds.

DStephens7

Asked by DStephens7 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the little car beds is a toddler bed well it is to me my youngest has one and loves it, now is the time for him to graduate if he's already trying to climb out.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My sons when from a crib to a regular twin bed with head and foot boards at 18 months with a side rail (one step ahead brand). When my older son turned 4 he "inherited" our queen bed (my younger son got the twin), and we just bought our younger son (just turned 5) a queen bed.

I would say anytime past the age of 1 is fine to put them in a regular bed--just keep one side against a wall, and add a side rail, and of course, a waterproof mattress pad! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Mine started trying to climb out before she was a year old. Was I going to put her in a bed? No way. As all of my baby books suggest - find a way to keep him from climbing out. I put in a crib tent. End of problem. My baby stayed in her nice, safe crib and I didn't have to worry about her falling out. I also didn't have to worry about her getting hurt while climbing her furniture, playing in her closet, wandering the house, etc while I was asleep... most toddlers will not stay in their bed. They see no reason to do so when there are all of those wonderful, interesting things to explore.

It's up to you. Will he stay in his bed? Will you have to round him up and haul him back many times each night? Do you have the energy and patience to do so? Will he (and you) be alright if he quits napping and plays in his room instead? Evaluate your child and yourself and decide which option is right for you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• They say to keep in a crib as long as u can but some kids just need to feel like they are big kids so yes get him a toddler bed my oldest was in a toddler bed before he was 2 it just depends on the kid
    SexySeevers

Answer by SexySeevers at 2:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008