Hydrocortisone cream?

Has anyone used this while pregnant? A dermatologist prescribed it for a rash and said it was fine to use while pregnant. However, I've found online that some sites say it's safe and some say it isn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didnt actually use it when I was pregnant. But my DD got a rash really young (less than a month) and thats what the doctor prescribed. It was a higher precentage than what you can actually buy in the store. I think your good esp. since the doc told you it would be aight.
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 10:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I say trust your gut with something like this. Doctors are "practicing" and it isn't a bad thing to research on your own too. If you feel that you shouldn't use it, then you shouldn't. If you think that your doctor is right, then use it... Sorry I am not much help.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I used it while I was pregnant. The doctors I've talked to have all said it's safe while pregnant. I've also been told by the pediatrician to use it on cradle cap.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I never used any the only pregnancy that I used anything on was my 1st and I used vitamin e oil
    SexySeevers

Answer by SexySeevers at 2:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I was told to use benadril cream . .
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 3:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2008