any good parenting books you would recommend to someone who can't handle a toddler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not sure of books..I don't have any problems handling my toddlers..however I do watch nanny 911 and super nanny also..a lot of the tricks they use are extremely helpful esp if u have very unruly children
    honey_b4you

Answer by honey_b4you at 10:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

honey_b4you

• how to behave so your child will too
    5 love languages of children
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I've found "Playful Parenting" to be VERY helpful.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• really, it'll be ok. it's important for you to be patient, flexible, and consistent with discipline. it's exhausting, raising a toddler. you'll do fine. i recommend you join a parenting group, where you and the little one go and meet others in your area for playtime. it's a good chance to bounce ideas off one another, & get someone else's insight and feedback. your county should offer free parenting classes, too. i hope this helps. remember, this stage is temporary. patience. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 2:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I dont know I can barely handle my 4 yr old sometimes jst be patient and be persistant they eventually the get the hang of it
    SexySeevers

Answer by SexySeevers at 2:09 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Parenting with love and logic. Great book. Wonderful and stress free way to raise children.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Discipline That Lasts a Lifetime
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 11:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Jo Frost, from "Supernanny" has a book, "How to get the best from your children". It has worked wonders in our house. She teaches about the different developmental levels of your children based on their ages, so you can understand what they are realisticaly capable of as far as their memory, and understanding. She also delves into dicipline, and positive rienforcement. We now have a good behavior chart, with stickers, and we use the "naughty step" for time outs. At first I thought the methods in her book were too simple to work, but we tried them anyway, at our wits end, and we were pleasantly surprised. Good luck and hang in there.
    BusyBee908

Answer by BusyBee908 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Raising the strong willed child. by Dr. Dobson or How to make you child mind without loosing yours. I don't remember the author of that one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2008