If I bought my stepmom a necklace and earrings from macy's for Christmas, and when she tried on her necklace it broke from where you clip it on, would you be embarrassed or would you just fix it?

My dad was the one that told me about it and I told him my hubby can fix it or I can exchange it but my dad said he'll just fix it, is that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't think so. You had nothing to do with the necklace breaking. It's okay. I have had that happen also. She will love it because it came from the heart and it was from you.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I agree with pp. I'm sure she enjoyed recieving such a lovely gift from you. Don't let your heart hurt over this. If your still thinking about it in a few days ask her if your Dad fixed it yet and if not offer your help.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I would prolly call her and offer to exchange it.Not anyones fault, I would be mad at Macys.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My mother gave me a lovely bracelet once and it broke when I wore it. I didn't hold it against her, I just told her it broke and we had the jeweler fix it. It's no big deal. Jewelry is fragile.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't think I would be mad at anyone but I guess I would probably be a little embarrassed.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 11:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Being embarrassed is natural, but don't fret. If your dad says he'll fix it, then let him.
    I would go into Macy's though, and alert them to the delicacy of that particular piece. They may not be aware of it and may want to warn future customers or be aware of the problem in case other customers come in to exchange theirs.
    We gave my daughter a lovely necklace for graduation that was delicate and told her to be careful - she broke the clasp anyway, but had it fixed. After that I just look for sturdier clasps and chains.
    You are a good daughter and a blessing to your parents. If your mom didn't like the gift you wouldn't have been told of the mishap and they wouldn't bother to have it fixed.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2008