sleeping pills

so i find myself almost every night needing the aid of the blue pills.i was wondering how other moms put themselves to sleep at night?im very,.."natural"i guess in everything else i do,..i guess im just wondering if this habit can be broken by a new.

amysmomma505

Asked by amysmomma505 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• I have taken either Tylenol PM or Excedrin PM for 10yrs every night. That is really the only way I can go to sleep and feel rested. I don't take any other meds.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i take tylenol pm's too.
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm prescribed Ambian. Works great!
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have found that Excedrin works better for me. I take 2 pills each night unless it's really late then I take one. The Excedrin has 35mg of sleep med compared to the 25mg Tylenol PM has. :-)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• At books a Million there is some tea in a blue can, I think its call get some zzz's or something like that. Anyway, I have been drinking that and relaxing with a book for a half hour or so. I use to take unisom but it was making me really just blah the next day. IDK, that has been helping me.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 10:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Are you looking for a more natural way? Luckily, I don't have this issue but I have been able to help a few others with this. I do work for a health and wellness company and there are several different things you can try that are safe and natural if that is what you are looking for. Also, what is the cause of the sleeplessness, stress, caffeine, diet, exercise, a medical issue? Are you on any prescription medications right now? If I can help in anyway, let me know.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 10:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I find reading a textbook helps. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Melatonin is supposed to help. You can buy it as a fairly inexpensive sublingual tablet at health food stores, or there are swallowable tablets available at most pharmacies. I like warm milk or a sleepy-time type tea (think hops and the like), following nightly routines, and trying not to stress. Stress is usually why we don't sleep. I also do read before bed (part of my routine), and if it is dull book (such as gdiamante's textbook - haha), it sure can ease the passage to slumber. My son and littlest daughter require gentle music to send them to sleep. Good luck, and don't let the bed bugs bite!
    kerryliz

Answer by kerryliz at 11:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have tried almost everything,nothing works for me.i have ambien and i think there just sugar pills.but hey someone has to wake up the birds.lol,sorry i can't help but your not alone.hope u find something.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i took sleeping pills and got very sick for about a month and a half. never again will i touch them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008