No bashing please.

A little over a year ago I had an abortion. I knew I didn't want to do it but there was no real way I could have the baby for many reasons. Now I can't seem to get it out of my mind. It's like it just doesnt go away. SOME days I don't think about it, but thats very rare. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Maybe a book or something. Anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• a psychologist would be able to help.
    Anonymous

• Counseling..that's about all I can recommend.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Is there anything I can do on my own becuase I dont have insurance of money....
    Anonymous

• Give it time. Find peace. You're not alone. You may can find support groups online. I wish you the best.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i agree wit de counseling... it can become a mental health issue if u dnt move on or get help.... forgive urself hon u did wat u thought best at de time
    wowImaMom

Answer by wowImaMom at 10:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't believe that anything truly gets rid of the pain. I became pregnant over 9 years ago, at the age of fifteen and on the day of my scheduled abortion I began to spot and at the routine exam I was told that I wouldn't have been able to carry the baby to term. That helped to get rid of some of the pain but the fact that abortion was an option still stings. I still think about it around my due date and I often wondered if it would've been my little girl as I now have 2 beautiful boys. It will take time and it does get easier but it will never fully go away.
    Anonymous

• Check out this site http://www.afterabortion.com/
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You did what you had to, don't regret it. If this does not help, you can typically get free post abortion counseling at Alternative Birth Centers run by many churchs in most states. Good luck and I hope this helps.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 10:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I had an abortion at 15. Writing about it and finding people to talk to helped. I think you should find anyway to cope. Crisis pregnancy centers off free counseling for dealing with abortions, etc. You can find one of those. Even planned parenthood has counseling to help ( i think)

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Pray about it~ I know it must be difficult. Im sorry.
    Anonymous