Anyone have success with Red Raspberry Leaf tea.

They say it can help the uterus contract and get labor in progress. Anyone try this and have it be successful. It seems to be safe? I am 3cm dilated 40% effaced and ready to be done being preg. HAHA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It strengthens your uterine muscles...kind of like lifting weights for the uterus. It helps your contractions be effective. It's not going to bring on labor though.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• This is not a labor inducer. It's only to tone the uterus.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I know this is a little blunt but HAVE SEX I almost guarantee it
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 11:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It's is to tone the uterine muscles~ it's not for induction.
    I did drink it, yes. But "success" doesn't really apply.

Fortunately, your cervix is showing signs of preparing for labor, you can be confident that your body will do exactly what it's supposed to do at precisely the perfect time.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I've tried it with no success. Perhaps it is a uterine toner because I was very good at pushing my babies out...LOL.
    No matter what I tried to get labor going nothing worked. I had to be induced each and every time and I was always overdue. My children were like tenants who never wanted to move out when the lease expired....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2008