Can you get a tooth fixed while pregnant?

I have never even had a cavity before.... but today for some odd reason I chipped a tooth biting into a candy straw from 711. It was really soft until the middle of it it was like there was glass in it because it took a tiny piece of tooth off. Its not noticeable unless you are looking for it. My dentist has always told me I have very healthy teeth. I was just in the dentist for a cleaning about 2 months ago. Though they couldnt do a x-ray, the doc said they still look great. This is upsetting!

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 11:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've had teeth pulled and filled while pregnant. I was urged to get any work done sooner rather than later.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yes you can get a tooth fixed they just can't do the nitrous oxide. I have had fillings and stuff while preggers but they could not give me any of the gas.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 11:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It just a chip and a small one they probably won't need to numb you. It is safest to have dental work in second trimester if you need anes., but safe at really any point if you do not need anes.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I was always told that while pregnant, I could have my teeth cleaned, but no x-rays or "work" done on them. My dentist would always have me come back imediately after I had the baby if I needed work done. They told me that if I got work done and got an infection as a result, it could hurt the baby.
    son_and_moon

Answer by son_and_moon at 11:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• they Can do cavity fillings but they prefer not to becuase they cant do rays to see all the spots on the tooth..they could go and fix what they see, but if theres more than meets the eye, you'll just have to go back in and have it done all over again. thats what my dentist told me and thats why he's not doing my cavities right now.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 'x-rays'
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2008