Bump on spine 4month old HELP!!!!

He got ammited for a fever of 103.1 and he was being very quit and not active they Put a needle in his spine to take fluid witch left a big lump on his lower spine its red and bumpped out when you lay him on his back he screams, When you make him sit he screams when you lay him on his side he screams... Tummy is the only thing that seems to work... But he is 4 months and can not sleep like that with out being watched the hole time help!!!!

Bentley2011

Asked by Bentley2011 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I am so sorry for your little guy, it must be agony seeing him in that kind of pain. I really have no idea what to do other than talk to his pediatrician and hopefully the doctor will have a suggestion. My prayers for you both.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2011

• Okay, this is the third question about this same thing. Seriously, get off the computer and take him to the ER!! We cannot help you and he needs to be seen if he is in pain.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2011

• I'm so sorry to hear of this...good luck to you....I will send up my prayers for your baby!! I would go to the Doc, asap!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2011

• GO TO THE ER, if you are that concerned. Babies DO have Spinal TAPS done. It is the only way to test for meningitis and some cancers. We are not doctors, and cannot help or diagnosis your child. Even if anyone was, they could not do anything without seeing the child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2011