Does your teens laugh warm your heart and bring a smile to your face?

My 15 year old is playing XBox Live in the other room and he's laughing so hard and it just makes me smile. I absolutely love his laugh!!! I th0ught that when he and his 17 yo brother were babies they were so cute. But I find that now they are just as cute in so many different ways. What does your teen do that you still find heart warming and what does he/she or they do that still puts a smile on your face?

happy2bme7

Asked by happy2bme7 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't think they ever outgrow tugging at your heart strings. My girls are 25 and 20 and they still can make me smile or cry depending upon what they do. The thing that makes me laugh the most is watching my oldest with her girls now.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Well tonight he got a shutout at his hockey game- he's a goalie- and he made me beam! Then when he came out to leave he was so happy it made me happy for him. But he generally acts like an immature idiot and makes me laugh, he gets carried away and I have to say "look at my serious face" at which he laughs and then we both get laughing! But he also says love you when ever I drop him off somewhere even in front of his friends and that makes me proud.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Ahh...the sweetness....My sons still will give me a hug and kiss in front of their friends also. I was told as teens they wouldn't do that anymore...I'm glad they didn't hear that...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yea...a shutout...Congrats : )
    happy2bme7

• Ah yes, my daughters (ages 20, 17, and 15) are so precious to me and I absolutely melt when I see them smile and laugh.
    What warms my heart the most is when they come up to me for no reason and hug me. My 20 year old daugher (who is pregnant) always wants to cuddle, hug, and kiss my cheek. They all want to snuggle with me and their daddy in our bed sometimes.
    I cherish these special moments because I know there will come a day when they will be living their own lives apart from me and I won't get to see them on a day-to-day basis.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes...it does. I think at times we get so frustrated as parents because our teens seem deaf to our advice and counsel, but there is benefits to this age. Watching them grow up can be scary and down right terrifying, but really its not a bad thing.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• What really warmed my heart was when I shared something painful for me from my past with my 18 yr old son, and he cried with me. I didn't expect to cry in front of him, but I wanted him to be forewarned about being in a similar situation.
    kizzy831

Answer by kizzy831 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2009