Did you use those car seat covers for the winter/cold seasons? what age did you stop using them?! I cant decide if I should get rid of mine or keep them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• According to some moms here, you're not supposed to use them because they are not safe and will void your car seat's warranty. Check it out in the car seat group.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2011

• i used mine for as long as my son was in a car seat that i could carry him in
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2011

• I never did use it. DD always ran hot, so something like that would have made her miserable. I would just cover her with a blanket and put gloves and a hat on her. But, of course, by the time it got cold-cold, she was at least 10 months...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2011

• with my first 2 I never used them I used a snowsuit. Well with my first dd I used a snowsuit for her, but it wasn't really thick it was one of those thin ones well my grandma didn't think it was thick enough so she went out and bought a really thick one. Then I used that one for my second dd. This baby is 5 weeks old so she will be in an infant carseat all winter long. I still have the winter snowsuit, but it will be way to big for her. I have snowsuits now but only up to 6 months. But I am not using them this time, someone gave me a cover for the carseat so I am using that this time. I will just put a hat on her with a blanket and that cover. Waiting to see what my grandma will say when she sees I don't have a snowsuit on the baby probably freak she thinks they need a snowsuit.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2011

• i used the one that stretched over the infant carrier for a few months then got one that went in the car seat and zipped up around my baby. i still have that one and plan on using it again this winter in the "bigboy" car seat.
    babymomma101110

Answer by babymomma101110 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2011

• I used the one that stretched around the carseat itself - not the one with the flap you put over the poor childs face... I see those being dangerous. And sadly to say - I knew too many people using them. I used it with my daughter from 3 months - 5 months. Just when it was really really cold. I wouldnt any longer past an infant carseat because 1) They're meant for an infant carseat and 2) Once your baby can transition to a toddler carseat, he/she can wear heavy jackets, boots and what-not and walk in the snow! They'd love it anyways!
    meganrst

Answer by meganrst at 8:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• I used mine as long as they were in the carrier.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2011