How long after coming off the birth control pill did it take you to get pregnant?

I stopped taking my birth control pills at the end of july. I took the whole pack and got my period like normal. I have been trying to conceive for five months going on month six. My periods are pretty regular every 28-30 days. Any tips on getting pregnant??

Sassy0876

Asked by Sassy0876 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i was taking it for a year, i stopped taking the pill 2 days after my wedding...got my period and then two weeks later conceived because one month after I got married I found out I was pregnant!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 3 months exactly...
    TatuMama07

Answer by TatuMama07 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• LOL....I was ON birth control - never missed a day - and became pregnant. THREE times! My third OB told me I was as fertile as the Napa Valley so agreed to tie my tubes after my third baby was born.
    I was on 3 different oral contraceptive prescriptions each time, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• With my first I stop in July and didnt get preg. till Feb. and I took ovulation test and did the temp. THE WHOLE SHABANG!! And it took that long. Now the second(which ended in MC) it took not even a week. I stopped in July and got preg in July, Never had a period. I didnt even know, I just thought by Sept Hey I better take a test and I was 10 weeks preg. and Lost it at 12. So here we are again TTC....Good luck to you and to me:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My first time around it took me 6 months. We are trying for # 2 and I went off in April..still no luck. I used the ovulation kit for the first and I am using one now.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It took me about three weeks, I'm pregnant now!
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 12:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It takes 3 months for all the hormones to get out of your system to be "back to normal" as if you never had birth control. THAT being said, it can sometimes take normal healthy couples from 6 months to a year of TTC before a doctor will even consider that there is a problem. Basically it means that it just takes time...so I wouldn't worry yet! With 3 months of you being 'coming off birth control' that means you've been 'back to normal' for only 2 months. It should happen soon!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 4:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i went off the pill last June and still no regular period. It can take up to a year for a normal cycle to return.
    AuntEmmy

Answer by AuntEmmy at 11:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Every woman is different. There is no pat answer. I was on the pill for 8 yrs. Stopped in November. Got pregnant in December. Same thing the second time around .On for 8, then pregnant in a month! And I was 35 yrs old!
    kizzy831

Answer by kizzy831 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009