how long?

How long did your baby sleep in the bassinet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol my son was in his for a long time....probably about 15 weeks....now he is in his crib everynight but he did sleep with us for awhile. I would have let him stay in it longer but I felt he weighed to much....next time I won't get a bassinet just a pack n play
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 12:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 5 months--she is petite.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm embarrassed to admit that my DD was in her bassinet for 7 months. She was very tiny (and still is for her age) so we just kept her in it so she could sleep near us. I was terrified to put her in her own room. Every time me and DH discussed putting her in her crib, she would turn over and sleep on her belly or have a fever, etc. and I couldn't let her go thinking I needed to be right there to catch it if she were in trouble. Silly I know but, I was a new mom with severe fears. She's 16 months now and sleeps just fine and has since the first night we put her there.  I really think she wanted to get in that crib long before we finally let her but I still keep an eye on her with my TV monitor. :)

VirgoMom807

Answer by VirgoMom807 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• never slept in a bassinet. from the first night home from the hospital, in her nursery in her crib.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My daughter never slept in a bassinet, however my son is 4 months old and still sleeping in his bassinet. The reason is he has quit breathing on me 2 times and he is on breathing treatments and 4 different kinds of meds so he is right beside me at all times. He also has kidney problems so he is not a healthy little boy so I will keep him in the bassinet until I feel safe enough to put him in his crib.

DMKC

Answer by DMKC at 12:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Umm till he was about 6 months old (he was little).
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• For the first 2months. Then i woke up one night to her rolled over on her tummy and one leg hanging out the side and she was trying to pull her self out the darn thign! lol i made dh get up right then and put the crib up in her own room! been there ever since and she sleepd much better for it
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 6 or 7 months with both my daughters
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• but its also how long You're comfortable with it. when You're ready, you'll put your child in his or her crib
    tnteaton

• He's four months and still in it, eep! He's been too big for it for awhile, though I don't think he's at all uncomfortable. We may work on transitioning him to his crib for overnights this weekend, though...I'm just really not looking forward to it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2008