Do you think that in biblical times people wore underwear/panties?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The bible talks about the soldiers throwing lots for Jesus' Underclothing... So I would only assume that means they had something...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• No, not normally. There's at least one passage about it, but my mind is fuzzy right now and I can't remember it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• i dont think they did. i remember is history learning that underwear wasnt invented until i think it was the 16 or 1700's. or maybe that was toilet paper???
    teenmommy31

Answer by teenmommy31 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• sorta...most ppl wore loincloths & some women even wore strips of fabric over their breasts. the material depended on your wealth. also, if you were a slave underwear may have been all you got to wore.

and ive got to admit...the word panties makes me giggle...yes im 5 years old haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• gees...got to wore?

*got to wear*
    okmanders

• If they didn't, I'll bet there was an awful lot of chafing!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• I guess I would assume they wore some kind of loincloth or some kind of underclothes made of linen or something like that, but I don't know know for sure.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• not the kind we think of and the poorest, nada,
    bumblebee7777

Answer by bumblebee7777 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• they had garments like slips and loin clothes but as far as panties, boxers, briefs, they were not invented yet
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 9:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2011

• OK this is going to be totally disgusting and immature...what did the women do during that time of month?? I hope they has something that could pass as undergarments. And uhh something to prevent mother nature from dripping out wherever they walked.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2011