• In the Spotlight:

Is there any way I can be pregnant if I just had my period?

I just had my period 2 weeks ago(Wednesday will be day 15 of my cycle), but lately I've been having symptoms that I can't explain, like tender breasts, backache, nausea, and fatigue, and I'm on birth control pills. Could I still be pregnant? My hubby is getting a test on his way home from work right now. We had talked about conceiving in 2009 but were planning to wait until my daughter's 2nd birthday.

Destinys_mom817

Asked by Destinys_mom817 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A lot of women on birth control experience mock pregnancy symptoms. The pill basically tricks your body into thinking its pregnant so you dont get pregnant (if that made any sense) When I was on the pill there were a LOT of times that I felt pregnant, but it was just the pill. Of course if you have an active sex life it is always possible. But chances are its just the pill makin you feel that way!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i know a lot of girls (including my mom and sister) who had their periods for the first 3 or 4 months of their pregnancies.....anything's possible
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• since you're taking the pills, you may get a false positive, if those pills contain the pregnancy hormone hCG. remember, women don't always ovulate 2 weeks after their period. you could ovulate at any time during your cycle, even during your period. AND... the sperm can live inside you, working their way to your egg for 2-4 days. conception can occur at anytime, practically. by the way, my dr, an osteopath, started me on several otc meds to help my immune system and fight fatigue. they gave me those same symptoms. holy cow, my breast hurt so badly i couldn't even sleep on my belly! i cut them all out. i don't know which was the culprit, since i had started 3 at the time, but it didn't take long to figure out they weren't for me. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 1:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I got pregers the day after my period but I wasnt on any birth control
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 2:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Ok thanks ladies for your input. I didn't think about the BC causing the pregnancy symptoms. I did take a test last night and it was negative. Plus, we just found out my SIL is pregnant again so it could be sympathy pains lol.
    Destinys_mom817

Answer by Destinys_mom817 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008