the old snip snip...

i am in a relationship with a man who is not yet divorced- because he wanted to keep his wife's health insurance as long as possible. He wants to go get snipped before they finalize the divorce - that way he will already be snipped when we get married and her health insurance is way better than mine. he and i dont have any kids yet. he says he doesnt want any. but i am scared that i may want some in the future. i am afraid to tell him this for fear that he will be scared away... so here's my plan- i'm going to suggest he get some sperm frozen first before does this. Do you think i am crazy? i dont know how to convince him not to get the surgery without making him mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• You need to be honest with him and tell him how you feel, if he really loves you he will not leave you over wanting kids. If you don't you will end up regretting it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't understand why he needs good health insurance. It only costs like 50-75 dollars to get done..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• if he doesn't want to have any more kids, and is planning on getting snipped, why would he agree to freeze his sperm? ah...you think you might convince him to change his mind later? hon, this is something that needs to be hammered out before you marry him. having kids/not having kids is as important as agreeing on finances in a marriage. if there's this kind of doubt, its there for a reason..i'd think twice before marrying someone who felt differently than i did.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't know where anon lives, but we are in a small town and it about 800.00 here.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• He'll probably be more freaked out by freezing his sperm. Just be honest with him, and if he really cares about you he will not close that door. Make it clear that you don't want babies asap, but that you would be really turned off by him getting rid of that possibility altogether.
    Tell him you'll get an IUD or something instead. Ugh... sorry I'm not a fan of a man getting a vasectomy. My man has had horrible problems since his:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i think you're crazy for being in love with a married man. i would never want to get myself into drama and baggage like that. no offense, that's just my opinion...i'm not bashing you...i just don't understand it...that's all.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2008