Neither is good but which one is better?

At my job I get paid on commission and hourly. My check isn't going to be enough to pay my rent and my car payment this time. I am out of my apartment by early Feb anyway. So should I pay my last months rent payment late and pay fees later or pay my car payment late? My car payment was differed for the past two months and now I have to pay again and if i pay my rent late then I'll just have to pay by cashier's check and pay a $150 late fee. Which one should I do? Any advice would be great.

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Money & Work

• well I know with car payments they give you I think one time to call them and explain that it's going to be late that you just don't have to money and it doesnt go against your credit....that is what i would do. lol they also wont repo you car until after 3 months...or that is what I've heard at least don't write that in stone
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 12:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Little confused on why you would have to pay $150 for paying your rent late? Do you have a grace period for your car payment? Do you get paid weekly or biweekly. this all makes a difference in my mind. If it is weekly then go RENT this time then next pay do the car payment. Who has $150 to throw away like that?
    Goaskyordad

Answer by Goaskyordad at 12:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'd pay the car so it doesn't get repo'd
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• As long as you pay your car payment before 30 days late, they won't report it on your credit.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Did you really mean $150 late fee?
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would go with the car, you need that to get around. If you owe 150.00, they can't get blood out of a turnip. Tell them to wait.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't see how you would have a 150 late fee on your rent, unless it was in a contract for your lease, which is kinda weird. I wouldn't rent from a place like that.. IMO. but anyways.. I would pay the rent first, and if you have a little to put down on the car I would call them.. tell them you have such and such down and the rest will be in the mail in a few weeks due to blah blah, etc. Like KaceesMom said, you have a little time on the car, and you don't want to be stuck paying an extra 150 that you shouldn't have to pay.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I WOULD TRY TO BORROW THE CAR PAYMENT MONEY TO AVOID ALL THOSE LATE FEES. ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2009