• In the Spotlight:

How can i get 2year old twins to stop fighting about everything?!

they cant share anything , the older one screams when i dress the other one , they fight about EVERYTHING!

BrookeBets

Asked by BrookeBets at 12:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have no input, but i just wanted to say sorry! that must make for long days!
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 12:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't have twins... but I do have a 1 year old and 2 year old... both boys. :) Essentially, they fight over everything. We've joked about just getting two of EVERYTHING. But then when we do get 2 of everything (all toys, food, utensils, etc) then they each want to hold both in each hand. So since getting 4 of everything just seems silly, I've just started taking everything away that they won't come to agreements over.
    "If you won't share, then Mommy gets it." I figure it's better for them to hate me, than to hate each other. LOL
    Danotoyou2

Answer by Danotoyou2 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have boy/girl twins who are almost three years old. They did go through a phase where they fought all the time. We got two of everything ... they even had to be in the same color. If there was a red ball and a blue one they would both fight over the red one. Anyway, they did grow out of it. They still do fight over things occassionally, but when they do, I take the toy (whatever) away. I tell them that if they fight over it, it becomes mommy's. Other than the occassional tift, they are very nice and even loving, these days. Don't despair. They will soon be each other's best friend.
    gbtwinmom

Answer by gbtwinmom at 12:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009