TODDLER TEST

An Aunt on my husbands side of the family is a nurse and she mentioned some kind of 2 hour test that children can take just to make sure that they have met all their milestones ..... Just to make sure that they are healthy and working properly. Does anyone know the name of this test or a website so I can locate a location???

kaoz888

Asked by kaoz888 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• everytime you have taken your baby into the pediatrician, the doctor has a checklist of individual milestones your baby has/has not met for their age range. i think it is insane to think any toddler can take a 2 hour test, and even if they could, i think that is pushing them way too hard unnecessarily. unless you feel that something is wrong, im sure your little one is just perfect. also, you have to remember that there is a large gap for "normal" development. all kids will adjust at their own pace.
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 12:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 2 HOURS!??! every toddler in america would fail! lol that's like asking and adult with ADD to take a 12 hour long test....lol I'm not being mean I just couldn't see a kid taking a 2 hour test at that age
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 12:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Umm just a bit of advice... and I'm truely not trying to be rude but umm DON'T put yourself or your child through all that. All children are different and no 2 hour test can determine your childs milestones. Each child is his or her own person and as a mother we like to think of our kids as unique but putting them up against someone elses "normal" is giving them the chance to be very unique. All children develop differently.
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have no idea what test that would be but I know what my child would do in a new environment or if I tried to get her to do something for 2 hours... should be a toddler and refuse.

I suggest you check out the charts at babycenter.com. They are the BEST charts I've found. If your little one is already over 18 months, just scroll down and you'll find the links for older age groups.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-13-to-18-months_1496589.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• you may be thinking of the QCHAT. which is when a toddler acts really weird and autism or some other disorder is suspected. i would never put my child through a two hour test. thats outrageously long.
    revigue

Answer by revigue at 1:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008