Should i er it or just take it easier..?

day 5 of being sick.

horrible headache.

followed by nausea.

can't keep anything down. except well water.

so i'm keeping hydrated.

i'm getting dizzy spells.

i've thrown up twice.

and dry heaved like 3 times.

i was thinking of taking a pregnancy test, but after my last appt and my doctor reassuring me that pregnancy is not in my future.. because i have so many hormone problems.. i dont know.. should i take a hpt? and if its not that then head to er?

Supermommy1129

Asked by Supermommy1129 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2011 in Health

• i see you have been on cafemom doing fun stuff.... that is not exactly emergency room acting type behavior. i'm sure u would be the patient playing angry birds on their cell phone in between "dizzy spells". tough this one out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2011

• yeah cause everytime i lay down.. i get even more dizzy. exactly what i was thinking..
    Supermommy1129

Comment by Supermommy1129 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2011

• I would take a pregancy test first and if that shows nothing then yes I would go to the doctor to see what is wrong.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2011

• You might have water in the inner ear,and your equilibrium may be off. I am fixed but have experienced your symptoms. I have been taking mucinex and it's been helping.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2011

• i am going to take a pregnancy test and then i'll go from there.. i'll let you guys know! :) thanks ladies
    Supermommy1129

Comment by Supermommy1129 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2011

• If you are on day 5 of this but can still sit at the computer, it's probably not as bad as you think. Call the hospital and see if they have a doctor you can talk to. Chances are you need to switch from water to something with electrolytes like Gatorade. You're getting dizzy possibly because your glucose levels, sodium levels, and overall electrolyte levels are down from the vomiting...I am assuming that you have been vomiting for the passed five days? So you are not keeping necessary nutrients and such in your body.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2011

• so took a preg test and it was a negative just like i thought.
    Supermommy1129

Comment by Supermommy1129 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2011