do you know that "de" is not how you say the?

its bad enough when people say things like wadddduupp or da for the but to SIT THERE AND WRITE IT?

"u thought it was de best thing at de time."

does it irritate anyone else when they actually WRITE the slang?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It sounds super ghetto. I skip over posts like "dat" because I can't understand them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• yeah, i agree its really ghetto sounding and makes you look VERY uneducated... and to think we are all mothers on here.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• lol i have a little sister that talks and writis like that and i just want to slap her :) it def. irritates me and makes people sound uneducated! just my opinion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I was grinding my teeth tonight at NE for "any." I do get irritated at the text-speak because it makes women who are probably very intelligent seem stupid.

Of course, my typing skills may leave a pretty bad impression about ME. And things will probably get worse tonight now that I've had a glass of Amaretto.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• "Super-ghetto" hehe, I like that. It fits too. I don't like questions like that.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think that it can make the poster look uneducated but calling it ghetto is just as bad because not everyone who lives in the ghetto is uneducated. That is my personal pet peeve. I can't stand when something ignorant or distasteful or run down is labeled "ghetto."
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• when i say ghetto i dont refer it to the place people live in, it actually doesnt even cross my mind.
    to me ghetto means ridiculous, stupid, ignorant, uneducated. or bad....

i didnt know there was a place called "ghetto" is that a city somewhere?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:53 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I really think that it makes the person writing it look very un-educated, and lazy. I mean seriously, you can't write the, that, etc. Or are instead of R, and you, instead of U. Pure laziness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• This may not refer to you but a lot of people who use the term ghetto are referring to the inner city where the streets tend to be a little dirtier and there is a lot of lower income housing. Basically the neighborhood I live in would often be referred to as the "ghetto." I think many people toss around the term without thinking about the negatives attached to it. As I said, it may very well not apply to you but that is what many are referring to in their comparisons.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't mind the common cafemom abbreviations or even the occasional "LOL" "ROFL" or "WTH." When it comes to all out slang, though, it REALLY gets on my nerves. This analogy will sound a bit weird, but its a little like wearing panty hose and you haven't shaved in a while. I get that same irritating feeling from slang being thrown around all the time.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 31, 2008