Crying it out

My daughter is 13 weeks and has the hardest time naping. I give her a warm bottle change her diaper and rock her but the minute i put her in the crib her eyes shot open and she crys and crys! I never have this problem at bed time only nap time. I have let her CIO a few times but she crys for an hour only to nap for 30 minutes and then starts the cycle over again. What should i do?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 1:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is a great new product called the magic sleepsuit that helps babies sleep better. I used and it was a life saver. Look it up on-line.
    Anonymous

• I would wait until she is more asleep (where you can lift her arm and it falls limp). And then I would put her down. Also, I used black out curtains and this really helped my dd. I know it's frustrating when you need some down time and your baby won't nap. Hang in there.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• She is probably wanting to FEEL held, get a boppy or something soft with a similar shape and lay that in her bed first and lay her in it like its "holding" her
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• roll her onto her tummy... my son did this, and i figured that he didnt like sleeping on his back and sure enough, i rolled him over and now i get at least an hour to 2 hours for his long nap during the day. I talked to my doctor afterwards... he said that if it works, stick with it..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Try swaddling. Cry it out doesn't work, as you've learned! And watch for HER natural sleep pattern. trying to make a child nap when they're not tired is an exercise in frustration. Let her sleep when she wants. Babies are very smart about getting what they really need. And some don't need naps. (Mine didn't nap...ever.)

Answer by gdiamante at 1:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Its too early to make her fall asleep, unfortunately. I just let mine fall asleep when she nurses or is on my shoulder as I walk around.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Cuddle her.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008