tell her or not?

My sisters ex BF just called me said that he is going to ask her to marry him on New Yrs Eve.The thing is he said he is only doing it cause it is what she wants and doesn't really mean that they are going to get married.She just wanted some type of commitment out of him she has been with him for 5 yrs and they have a child together.She has 2 other kids from a previous relationship,father is deceased.The kids have told me they do not like him and are scared of him because he is always fighting with their mom.BF told me when I questioned him on how he treats the kids that they are not his kids & there will always be a differnce between his own and hers.The other thing is that he has cheated on her several times.They are currently broken up because she caught him another girl the week before x mas.Should I tell her what he said and what his plans are or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• You HAVE to tell her. I know that sometimes it is bad to get involved but it is your sister and your nieces/nephews...he cant keep hurting them...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes, if it was my sister I would tell her. If she just caught him cheating I would be surprised if she said yes anyways.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• For sure tell her cuz if she finds out that he told you that and you didnt tell her she going to feel heart broken... and if he treats her kids bad she shouldnt be wit him.. her kids should come first before any man does.. He should except them all or none of them
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• absolutely! if not for your sister do it for her kids! take it from someone who spent her whole childhood in fear of her step father your sister and nieces/nephews deserve better not some creepy cheating prick! best of luck!
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would it is your sister and nieces and nephews. She will probably not be in the right state of mind to comprehend it on New Years Eve. (Being most people are very happy and celebrating) Call her and tell her.
    KortniLeeana

Answer by KortniLeeana at 1:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Ask yourself - would you want her to do the same for you if your positions were reversed? I think we would all want to know if our potential husband was being dishonest with us. Especially if it was our sister.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes. Not even a question.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Absolutely~She is your sister & it's better to come from you then anyone else. When you tell your sister, I would make sure that it comes from the heart & let her know that you are only telling her because you love her & feel the need to protect her from making a terrible choice by committingto this man. If he has already cheated on her then getting married would only make it more difficult. If he doesn't want to be a father to her other children then that should be a wake up call right there. I hope you can say something that will make her think rationally. Best Wishes & Good luck!

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would tell her in some cases ignorance is NOT bliss, ecspecially when it comes to making a decision that could ruin the rest of her life. I'm shocked that she is ok with this man treating her kids badly and that he has a negative affect on their lives. Your sister needs to put her kids first not her feelings of being lonely. I would never be with a man who couldn't treat my kids equal ecspecially if we had kids together and ones seperately.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2008