would you take this that she thought you were ugly?

My inlaws invited my parents for dinner with my husband and i . Right after dinner i had to leave. I guess my mil got mad and said to my mom, you know, she better watch out, because john is used to having beautiful girls in high school. my husband have drifted apart and don't do much together. Does she think i am not good looking or what? How would you take it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• I would take it as:
    "she better watch out. my son had beautiful girlfriends in the past and he can get another beautiful girl if he feels the need to."
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would take it that she's an idiot for saying that in front of your mother.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think your MIL needs to monitor what she says, she doens't know both sides of the story or what is going on between you and your hubby. I wouldn't take it that she is calling you ugly, more so that he can get ANOTHER beautiful girl like he has now and has had in the past.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Your MIL is mean, first off. And high school is YESTERDAY. He picked you for a reason, no matter what his nutso mom thinks or says. Maybe she is jealous! My MIL is crazy, and has said way worse things than that.....hold on! You may be in for a ride!
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 1:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would call MIL and ask her what she meant. I seriously would. u could say"I told my mom she must have mis-heard ,because u are far to classy for such comments,so I wanted to clear the air." or u could-everytime u see mil-look around her home and say"I was wondering where John had all those beautiful high school girls stashed.I need a break." I have fun w/people like that because they are so ridiculous kwim?I bet you are gorgeous and she said it just because she knew it would get you down-don't let her win.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Sounds like your MIL is a bitch. But besides that I would get to work on your marriage. It only matters what your husband thinks anyway.
    dinkerstory

Answer by dinkerstory at 11:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008