Has anyone ever used Gripe water? What was your experience with it and how old was your child when you first gave it to them?

Gripe Water

jaschem

Asked by jaschem at 1:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both my daughters needed it due to colic. It really helped with gas. Both daughters started at the age of 1 1/2 months to two months if I remember correctly. I used to do that and do bicycle motions with their legs within a few minutes afterwards and it always helped so much.

I ALWAYS recommend this stuff to mommies. Good luck!

Happiest Mommy to Alyssa (almost 5) & Ashlee (2)
    DaycareMomma79

Answer by DaycareMomma79 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I tried it once. It made my son choke and throw up. Never tried it again.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I love this stuff! My son had major digestive issues, he was 1 month premature. We started using it on him at about a month and it works great. The only kind that we felt worked was in a blue bottle called Mother's Choice or something like that - from Babies R Us.
    Jaidensmommy826

Answer by Jaidensmommy826 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Gripe Water was a great investment for my family! It didn't help with my son's colic, but it fixed hiccups in a flash! As soon as he swallowed the gripe water the hiccups were gone. He did and still does get such intense hiccups. They would last forever and he would just cry and scream when he had them. Gripe Water was amazing. We still use it. My son doesn't seem to mind it at all.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I started using it for my daughter when she was 4 weeks old. I stopped when she was 10 weeks old b/c she didnt need it anymore. But it got rid of hiccups right away and it really helped when he stomache hurt. She used to drink it right up. Apparently its like sweet water.
    Babydust2020

Answer by Babydust2020 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008