My toddler is trying to sleep with my 6 month old help

I have a toddler who is 27 month old girl who is trying to climb in to the crib with my 6 1/2 month old girl. I can't figure out why? can someone help me figure out why she is doing this, and how to stop her with out making her afraid(sp) of going around her sister! thanks Mommy2006tolife

mommy2006tolife

Asked by mommy2006tolife at 1:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Home & Garden

• My oldest was the same way with my youngest. I let her. She was always careful and we just put up a bumper between the baby and my oldest. They sell wedges at Walmart and you can put that in there or allow her to sleep on her mattress if its a toddler mattress on the floor next to the crib. That was something else that we did when my oldest got a little big to sleep in the crib.
    Mommyofthree691

Answer by Mommyofthree691 at 5:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• She might be doing it because she loves her so much but it could be she misses being the "baby". U need to scare her about this hon, it could be a bad situation. I would rather see her scared to climb in the crib then hear that the crib collapsed or something yanno? that would really scare her. maybe say something like"I know u love your sister but u cannot sleep w/her because u are mommy's big girl and u have your own special place." maybe really play up how great her bed is. I would maybe even put safety locks on the door, I would be scared if I didn't.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• She may just want to sleep and cuddle with her. Kids like to be affectionate with babies, at least most do. It's tough because she is so young that she isn't going to comprehend that it's not safe, you just have to tell her it's a "no no baby sister is too small" You could also try the tactic of telling her that at 27 months she is to big for the crib an dmight break it. That puts the blame on the bed not on the infant and she shouldn't get an issue around her sister for that.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008