He wants more kids...

i am 24 years old and married to the love of my life. together we have a 10 year old, 5 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old and triplet almost 2 month year olds. a lot has happened since we were 14 and i feel having 7 kids by age 24 is outrageous. my husband neil wants more. i have told him that we have enough, and he thinks of it as a joke. what do i do?

ALoving4Life

Asked by ALoving4Life at 1:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• wow, i've never met anyone or heard of anyone having 7 kids by the time they were 24, gosh...not even by the time they're in their 30's or 40's...jeeze girl, that's plenty...it's your body, tell your hubby you're done...i don't know how you both do it, mentally, physically and of course financially? do you have someone help you? that's crazy. but congrats on raising 7 kids, wowie.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would have to say that I would be done if I had 7 kids by time I was 24. Did you give birth to them all or are some his from other relationships? I also think it depends on what you want to do with your life. Do you want to work or do you want to stay at home? Can you both take care of the kids you have emotionally and financially? Does your husband help with the kids and the house or is everything your responsibility?

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• hmmm, kids are definantely a blessing, I am 33 and me and hubby have 3 boys in all now.

You may try to let him know that you all will need to look forward to the day when you both have an "empty nest" and are able to travel and do what you want to do when the kids have left home. This is what my hubby and i talked about just before we had our last son(i got my tubes tied). he is 11 months old now and we will be almost 50 when the baby moves out !! oooohhh goodness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• if u really don't want more -ever-have your doc tell hubby it is too hard on your body. I say this because u said hubby isn't taking u seriously and 7 kids is dang serious lol. uif u just want to wait a couple yrs, get Mirena IUD and tell him u are just wore out right now.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Totally your choice...children are wonderful. The only thing is financially. I dont know if you are set or what kind of financial security you have but that would be huge for me. Well let me know
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• really? wow are you an incredible woman to go through that however they became yours. you said something about being 14 years old, is that when you started having kids? When ever you started have kids whether birth, adoption, or step - no matter it's a huge responsibility that never never ends for years!!! YOU are the owner of your body and YOU allow your husband to enjoy you. HE DOESN"T OWN YOU. I'd be concerned that because you're indicating you don't want more and he's making a joke about it that he could step further and disrespect you by physically abusing you. If after seven kids that you're responsible for including triplets(!!!!!!!!!) and he doesn't believe you bcrful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2008