Does anyone have a family member that judge because of religion?

I have an aunt which i haven't spoken to in ages well lets say in 1999. still haven't talked to her intil xmas and it still wasn't pretty. all she could do was tell me that her religion is better then mine which woohoo.. then she started up on how us 10 kids didn't behave when we were teens, hello some of you learn which none of us got prago intil we were past 21, then knocking down that we weren't married well some of us and we choose to have kids and stay unmarried intil we wanted with the same man then we did a family tree she put info that shouldn't even been worried about like who has an ex hubby well i found out at 17 yrs old she wasn't a angel too she ran off and got married, but my cousin which is a guy he still lives with her cause she hasn't found him the right women which yeah he is still a virgin at 37 yrs and she won't let him out of her sight .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• CON
    then my other 2 cousin they left as fast as they could to get away from her. now she really upset me when she talks bad about my choice in religion which is baptist which she still hasn't told me whaat she is .. so does anyone have a family member that is just a plain old snobby witch?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think all families are blessed with those. I also know a 54 yr old virgin that is a guy. he is waiting for the right one and marriage.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• all she could do was tell me that her religion is better then mine

Welcome to the world of an Atheist.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• One of my aunts would not come to my wedding because we were not married in a church.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have so many family members critisize me because of my life choices I was not married when i delivered my first child at 21 or when i had my second at 24. I have choose my own path and they havent talked to me in months its actually kind of nice and quiet lol. dont worry there is always someone who thinks their way of thinking or believing is better than someone elses
    mom2girls82

Answer by mom2girls82 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My Grandmother always asks me when I am coming to church. Most of my family are Babtists. I'm Pagan. I think they realize that after 20 years its not just a rebellious streak - but they don't stop trying to convert me.
    I handle it by being respectful of their beliefs, at least until they are not respectful of me. You can disagree with someone without being a jerk about it.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 11:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• my grandfather can be hard to deal with sometimes. dont' get me wrong I love him to death, and vise versa... but he was raised Catholic and has certain ideals instilled in him... like he is against having a baby before marrage... I was engaged when I found out I was prego, but I'm glad we didnt' get married.. I'd be facing some serious lawyer fees, etc with a divorce otherwise. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• She sounds very judgemental. And that certainly doesn't make you want to go to her church, does it? I know it wouldn't make me want to be anything like her. She sounds like a horrible person.
    I doubt Jesus is happy with the way she treated you.
    I am a very serious Christian, and I have friends and family who don't believe, and yet we can be friends. I pray for them and I tell them that I pray for them, but beyond that I don't throw the book at them. It's just inappropriate, and rude, and if YOU did the SAME thing to her, oh you BET she'd be pissed, wouldn't she?
    It's just judgemental doublestandards... and she sounds FULL of pride. Which you should remind her is definitely a sin ;)
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 5:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My mom hates my fiance because he isn't Christian (he is Asatru) but she hasn't stopped talking to me because of it. But she does say that she will pray for our daughters soul because of all the "darkness" her father brings into our lives. But I love my fiance and we make our two faiths work together and that's all that matters.
    Kali_deathangel

Answer by Kali_deathangel at 1:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• im a christian and ive always been taught to not be mean to people about there religion or tell them that there beliefs are wrong..
    listorlou

Answer by listorlou at 3:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2009