Pregnant with an 8 month old

I just found out that I am 3 wks pregnant with my second baby. My son is almost 8 mo old. My husband and I were not actively preventing pregnancy so were prepared for this but are feeling a little overwhelmed. Any helpful advice or support would be great!

LindsK

Asked by LindsK at 1:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• wow u guys are brave lol! Good luck and just line up some support. Like sitters and family help and stuff.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i found out i was pregnant when my daughter was 9 months old. i'm 18 weeks pregnant now. She'll be 13 months old in a few days. same thing, my husband and I weren't preventing and we weren't actively trying...but, we were saying, if and when it happened we'd be ready...and we are, it's just crazy, right?
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm in the same situation right now too. I'm just tryin to save money n spend time with my son wheil it's just him. And right now my son is really starting to act differant with me everyone tells me he is probley getting like that because of me being pregnant, so be prepared for that cause it kida sux.
    congradulations, and good luck.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My youngest 2 are only 15 months apart. It will take patience, but you will love them being so close together. right now they are 12 months and 27 months
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My daughters are 10.5 months apart (they are 7 and 8 now). I got pregnant right away. It was hard at first but it gets easier as they get older.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Ha, I know how you feel. My oldest is 29m old and my middle is 12m old they are 17m to the day apart. and I will be having another in 2 weeks. so that will make 3 kids in 29m. Crazy huh.

Ok now for you. It wont be that bed my son loved it when hi sister got here. He tried to help me feed her and he did good just make sure you are there. Now they play constently and they LOVE having eachother. If one is napping and the other isnt they get upset til the other one wakes up. It is really cute to watch them. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It gets easier as they get older. My second child was 3 months old when I got pregnant with my third child (the oldest was 23 months old! Now they are 15, 13, 12 and almost 11 and its a LOT easier!
    PeachyApple

Answer by PeachyApple at 10:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My boys are 14 months apart and I'm loving every second of it!! They are best friends! It was a little rough at first. I felt guilty about not having as much time with my oldest. But you will fall into a schedule and things will work out :]. Stay strong and I'm here if you need to talk!!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Wow! Its nice to see that I'm not the only one. I have a 4 yrold son, an 8 month old little girl, and now
    6 weeks preggo with my third. I have major mixed feelings about it. I'm scared, happy, nauseous, mad....
    I'm really worried about putting on too much weight...I haven't lost the baby weight from my girl yet!
    boone1018

Answer by boone1018 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2010