i want to buy a really unique, but very useful gift for a friend who just had a baby girl. im looking for some suggestions

i dont want to just buy the baby clothes, that she will soon outgrow. i want to get something that the mom will be able to use as the baby grows older as well, not just whule she is an infant. but i want it to be truly unique. something that i know she has not rcvd from anyone else. and i really want it to be something useful. any suggestions?

mstia

Asked by mstia at 2:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get a gift for the mom. a pedicure is always great. everyone gets something for the nrw baby. mom needs to feel special and appreciated , especially after having a baby. get a savings bond for the baby.
    tinajoi

Answer by tinajoi at 7:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• What about a homemade wall-growth chart? You could go to a scrapbook store, pick a roll of background paper and start from there. Every so often u could put a picture pocket(lil flat frame) where she can add photos of ddu can use stencils or stickers and have parts/all of it laminated to keep it safe. I did one for best friend and she loved it, made her cry actually.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• also I used ribbons from her baby showers to add accents..Good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• well, if you're looking for unique clothing, I make handmade sweatersets

http://flutterbyefaeryproductions.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1358975

that's just one example.  I make many varieties & colors .  the site says 6-8 weeks but it can actually be closer to 2 weeks on most orders

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• a baby clothing bouquet is really cute and unique, and some very usefull items are boogie sucks,baby books, diapers,pacifier holders w/Soothies in them, BATTERIES!!,
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 2:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Check out my baby gift baskets at http://www.basketblvd.com and use use coupon code "cafemom" for a discount! There are several to choose from and some have all of the beginning things a new mom needs! Enjoy :-)
    MQS

Answer by MQS at 7:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• my little girl loves her whoozit. perfect for infants,and older babies as well.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• What about one of those wooden step stools that is also a chair? (the bottom step folds up to make the back of the chair) You can write the kids name on it. They can use it to potty train to help get to the toilet and wash hands. I still have mine from when I was little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Toy chest ... chair ... baby book ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• A Moby Wrap
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2008