has anyone tried out the wii fit game?

i was at walmart and my eyes got a glance at the wii fit and i am wondering if it works great or its just a fake work out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• IDK :) got it for Christmas and it's still in the box because hubby has taken over the TV with his new PS3 & Metal Gear Solid 4
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• lmao... my hubby is the same way.. that blue ray he has to play that in bed or he would put it in the bathroom so he can soak in the tub and play
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It's okay. The best thing I've heard said about it..."You have to remember it's WiiFit, not WiiSupermodel". LOL! If you look around online you'll find some people that have had really good results with it, and some that got no where.

One of "The Biggest Loser" coaches came out with(or is releasing soon) another workout video to use with the board that's supposed to be brutal. From what I understand there are also several more in the works by various trainers. So the workout that comes with is going to end up kind of like the WiiSports that comes with the console. A nice way to learn how to use it.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Nope, but I got one for Christmas. Haven't had the time to even open it yet.
    JoyntHeir

Answer by JoyntHeir at 12:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The truth is it is a fake work out. Its not going to beat going to the gym or running outside in any way. BUT the thing is, a lot of people are more likely to exercise if they can turn on the video game and do it in their living room because its fun and you don't actually have to get to the gym. I have the game and it does give your a work out. If your thinking of replacing gym time with it, don't. But if you dont work out now, it might entice you to.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• it seems like its doing the job... i just got it for christmas so i havent had time for any real results yet. it's not going to get you super skinny super quick, but it will help to shed some excess.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm addicted to it and I didn't exercise before using this.
    I lost a little bit of weight, but, then my weight maintained for a bit (building muscles) and then I started losing again.
    I feel absolutely fantastic. I feel energized, alert, happier and better posture. My waist is smaller, my legs stronger and my arm muscles are noticablly bigger.
    There is DEFINATELY a difference being made.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I like my Wii fit but I need a new workout "game" the one it comes with is boring me. I wanted to work out every other day at least and with the Wii fit it is just boring! I'm looking into the Jillian Michaels workout right now.....
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 9:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My husband and son get more out of it then I do. However I'm pregnant and won't do anything to stressful. I think you get out of it what you put in. If your like my husband and use it everyday for at least half an hour you'll get more out of it then someone like me who uses it once to twice a week with two kids "helping".

My niece got the biggest loser trainers game for Christmas, she seems to really like it. Again like the gym, you only get out of it what you put in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I love it! I can feel my abs burning when I am done. I played baseball on a different game and my arms were sore for days afterwards. Seems to be working.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2009