I need help describing a hairstyle!!!

So I got my hair cut-- and it is NOT what I expected. Shocker! LOL!
Anyway, my hair is semi-wavy, I had it shoulder length and told my hairstylist that I wanted it shorter.
I wanted that cute style that is out there right now-- NOT the A-line where it is all really short in the back, but sorta... it is so hard to describe! I like the longer pieces around my face, and layers, and sort of layered in the back, but not super short... can anyone help me with an actual name for this style?
I asked for "not an a-line" and I got a srtaight, chin-length bob! No layers! Come see in my pics on my page to see what I mean. I appreciate any answers I can get! Thank you in advance!

MiasMama123

Asked by MiasMama123 at 2:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I want the same cut! :) so hopefully someone helps you so I can tell the hair dresser too! :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• its a layered bob....... ask for choppy layers.....
    Ive been rocking this cut for a while..except mine is asymmetrical.....(shorter on one side....)
    alot of the look has to do with styling and products too.....
    public_enmy1

Answer by public_enmy1 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i was going to say a layered bob with chops too. not too short in the back though. :D
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Rather than try to explain it, find a picture and take it with you. I'm a former stylist, so I can tell another cutter exactly what I want in technical terms, and I only started taking pictures in after I went to school! It's the easiest way to illiminate any miscommunication. A lot of the terms can mean different things to different stylists depending on who they learned from, any what system they're using.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Sling bob maybe
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008