Is it possible to believe in God and/or consider yourself a Christian and be a racist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• anything is possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• u can consider yourself anything u want, but it doesn't make it true.example:u can consider yourself a christian and be racist but imo u certainly ar not a true christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm the OP-

I just don't understand how anyone can consider themselves a Christian and be a racist! It's the exact opposite of what the bible preaches...no? I'm amazed at how some ppl claim to be good Christinas yet still have hate for someone JUST because of the color of their skin,etc,etc.How sad is that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Some of the most judgemental racist people i;ve met say they are good christian people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Absolutely not - you can't be a good person period if you are a racist. But I've seen lots of people who say they are Christian that are racist. Wonder if they think Heaven will be segregated?
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 7:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Of course it's possible. Christianity has been used for centuries to justify racism, slavery, genocide, etc.. Being a Christian means you believe that Christ is the way to God. It doesn't mean you're a good person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Add to that - I'm not saying that Christians are not good people. Just that being a Christian does not guarantee that you're a good person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm not sure why not? If you've accepted Jesus as your savior - - that is what makes you a Christian, but that doesn't mean that the Devil is still at war with your emotions and feelings. Sure it would be nice if God could wave his arm and wipe away all those beliefs and feelings as soon as you accept Jesus, but that just isn't what happens. Being a Christian is a work in progress every single day and all of us struggle with one area of our life that others may not find acceptable. Being a Christian doesn't make you exempt from worldly feelings or bad traits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I thought bigotry was a qualification for Christianity.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If you live in Alabama you can! We're full to the top with those kinds of Christians! LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2008