Have you ever seen an ugly baby?

I ask because I think my nephew is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. (I'm hiding my identity so my SIL doesn't see this.) I still love the kid, don't get me wrong, but he is down right UGLY!!! Also, I have heard that when a stranger focuses on one feature of a baby, eyes, curly hair, etc, it means that they are complimenting the only pretty thing on that child, and that really think the baby is ugly. If they flat out say cute or beautiful but not focusing on one area, they mean it. Do any of you do that? I ask because I find myself doing it to the ugly nephew.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes I've seen some ugly babies! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Oh dear lord I have seen some hidious lookin babies and pray for their sake that they are gonna bust out of it. It makes me fear my baby is going to be ugly =( I hope not. I havent ever noticed myself staring at one particular spot of a ugly baby before but next time I see a baby thats ugly i will try to catch myself and see if Im doing it.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 3:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• YES... in a baby magazine i was looking at, there was a picture of a toddler girl, and at first it thought it was a cartoon or a joke...

It wasnt. It was a child. and it looked more like the MadTv Guy... it was ugly. im sorry.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes, I have. My niece had the biggest egg head and flat face i've ever seen when she was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes I have. My cousin who is one is so not cute at all. In fact all my uncles kids are not cute. I just try to avoid having so say whether or not they are cute.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• yes i've seen some ugly babies... haha but in every mothers eyes they have the prettiest child...
    maxi169

Answer by maxi169 at 5:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have seen some ugly ones...but I'd dare NOT say anything out loud!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• LOL, one of our friends that were staying with us a while, he got his daughter on the weekends, and hed be sooo happy and run around and want to show everyone, I could never tell him but ALOT of people did, but yeah it made my eyes hurt she had a pig nose and looked like she was growling at you ( lol but my DH said her mom looked a bulldog), and I normally LOVE red hair but she has this horrid shade of BRASS ( or rust) hair it wasn't even red. I know I know I'm going to hell but I had to say it. People say that looks don't matter but seriously I don't think anyone wants and ugly child so they need to watch what there breeding with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think all babies are sweet - but I've definitely seen some ugly ones..lol
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have seen some ugly babies too. I am not sure about focusing on the one feature thing though. Both my children have big, beautiful blue eyes and everyone has to comment on them. I know that my kids are not ugly. So it must not be all the time thing, but when I saw this ugly baby that my MIL had....long story she is 28..lol......I said "Wow she looks like her dad".....that was all I could think to say. She will be 2 in a few weeks and she has gotten much cutier.
    dianna2402

Answer by dianna2402 at 7:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2008