Do you have a wierd or interesting phobia and what is it?

okay this is random, but I was thinking about my phobia today and I was wondering if I waasn't alone. I have a huge phobia for cotton. Just the mere thought of it gives me goose bumps! (I've got them right now) I can't touch it, look at it and I hate the noise it makes when you rub it together. Cotton clothing isn't bad. Q tips, forget it! Cotton balls freak me out. You could probably use it as a type of torture to get me to confess... I litterally shut down and try to put myself in another world when near it. I dont like teeth grinding either, or chalk, or nails scratching on the chalk board(& car exterior) Wierd right?

PhlyLuvzOwain

Asked by PhlyLuvzOwain at 3:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• OMG. You are the first person i've met like this. I don't have that phobia but my cousin is terrified of touching cotton and string. She described it just like you did. This must be a real phobia or something because I always just thought she was being silly.
    My phobia is having someone breathe on me. I will hold my breath if they are breathing in my face because I can't stand their air going in my mouth. My DH always wants me to turn toward him and I refuse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Cotton balls...yuck....I'm so with ya there...it hurts my teeth..lol.

Also...I have this weird fear of sharks. Shark week on The Discovery Chanel terrifies me...I nearly jump outta my skin seeing them...ugh...it's horrible for me. And I live in Kentucky -- last I checked they aren't very plentiful here..lol. I have no idea where the fear comes from, but it is sooo there.

Another thing I can't watch on TV is people struggling under water. I quite literally lose my breath. I find it hard to breathe. I know, Im crazy..lol
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 5:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I can't think of any I have, but I know someone who is terrified of plungers.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i have a phobia of spiders(pretty normal) but my brother has a phobia of un-finished wood, such as toothpicks and he wont use silverware b/c he doesnt like the taste of metal in his mouth so he uses plastic
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Belly buttons. I think they are gross and give me the shivers. I cant even touch my own belly button. And ONLY when I am pregnant I cannot eat out at a restaurant in fear that the waitress is going to poisen my food to kill my baby. I know its crazy, the logical side of me says get over it, but the hormonal side says dont risk it...someone is out to kill you and your baby!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Latex balloons..
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Lightning...when we were moving from Phoenix to Las Vegas...I had my 1 month old son with me and my mom...we got stuck in a little town because of a monsoon...lightning strikes in Phoenx have made records. My mom got us a hotel room and I was sooooo terrified of the storm that I froze and couldn't get out of the car. My mom had my son. What finally got me out of the car was knowing my son was going to need to eat at some time LOL...but while running the 10 feet to the room I was absolutely terrified. When there is a storm with lightning...and I have plans to go somewhere...I cancel them. I don't know what it is.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I work at an auto repair shop, and I lose my mind when they ground that kitty litter stuff into the concrete. The sound of it scraping back and forth on the ground makes my want to bang my head on a wall. The techs know it, of course, and being men, they wait till I don't expect it, and try to make me lose my mind.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Hi! I read your posting and understand what you're experiencing re. your fear cotton balls. I am working on a docu-style show for a major women's television network that is treating women who have different phobias. Each woman will be partnered with a licensed, reputable therapist (at no cost to you) - the goal of the show is to cure each woman of their phobia, permanently.

I have spoken with many women like yourself who have phobias, and as well have spoken with experts and read much about phobias. You're not alone, and there is help for you. I would love to give you more information about the program. This could be a great chance for you to make a change for the better of you and your family.

Please contact me at the information below if you'd like to chat for a bit about the show.
    Looking forward to chatting!

Sincerely,
    Rebecca Waer
    Casting Producer
    Oxygen Network/RDF Productions
    424.214.4651
    phobiahelp1@gma
    RMW939

Answer by RMW939 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I really hate spiders, I cant stand looking at them and yet when I was in college I was totally fine dropping crickets into the trantula cages to feed them. I guess they are ok as long as I know they are caged, but out of a cage it freaks me out, and right now we have a ton of spiders in our house and its creeping me out, I cringe thinking about them. I also dont care for most flying insects, especially wasps (like the huge one haunting the upstairs) and june bugs, those two freak me out I guess with wasps (or other stinging ones) I'm just scared to get stung, june bugs however for some reason always creep me out and I'm afraid they will fly into my hair, yuck. These aren't too weird though. I can't think of any other phobias I have, but a friend of mine hates dead fish, she cant stand being even near them, especially if they are dead in a tank or something, she said something about their eyes, it creeps her out lol.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 8:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009