How much money do you spend weekly on groceries and how do you keep costs down of groceries?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'm only a family of 3 but I would point these out 1st: stay on the perimeter of the store-thats where all the dairy,meats,grains,veg n fruits are. Everything inside is overpriced bad for your health overprocessed junk. Make list of basics/staples. milk (organic),eggs,yogurt,OJ,bread,cereal,rice,beans, etc. then add your favorite fruits/veggies; add meat once a week; and any easy snacks like pretzels. Drink lots of water (skip all caffeine). This is the only way you can get a grip on your groceries while not compromising a healthy intake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree with poster number 1. Try to stay away from the inside shelving. I am also a family of three and we get away with about between $75 to $120 a week (depending on if we go to the butcher shop or not).

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• my son and dh eat like pigs and stay thin no matter so i spend more than i should because they inhale food and seem to need to... so fam of 3.. we spend around 100 per week, give or take. i agree plan a few meals, make a list of what you need, clean the fridge b4 you go, get coupons, i dont buy as much store brand as i should.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2008