What do you spend weekly on groceries and how keep costs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Money & Work

• $100 a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I forgot to add I am on Food stamps also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• that's alright. I meant however money is used from whatever sources, what is it that you do to stay at that range? i wish i could remember to clip coupons more often?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Coupons is a big help. Ask around and find where people go. If you have a store card that has discounts, that helps. Not everything has to be name brand. There are lots of things just as good as name brand.When you go shopping, ask yourself, will I need this tomorrow, if you do, get it, and now you saved on gas
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have 2 store cards. And i spend around £200-£400 every shop, and i do use coupons every now and again but i forget. Lol i am fussy about the brand because my boys are quite fussy about they're foods and won't eat fruit that is not fresh so that is a difficulty to go buying apple, and other fruit and veg throughout the days.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• $150 every 2 weeks for family of 4
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We're a family of 4, and spend approx. $150/ week. We cut coupons, use a store savings card, buy sale and bulk items, buy fresh not frozen, and save a lot buying store brand items if they'll be mixed together--sauces, spices, and cheeses, and pastas.

Making your own meals is MUCH less expensive (and healthier) than buying prepared/frozen. You can also make several different dishes from the same bulk package of chicken breast--just change the sauces--in advance and freeze/refrigerate them. I also recommend making casseroles...they can be just as varied, and you can cut corners by using store brand veggies and creamed soups, and they'll last a week or more...and can be re heated on demand! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My famiyl of three we spend 150-250 every 2 weeks. The only help we have is WIC
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We're a family of six and spend around $200-250/wk but that also includes things like toilet paper and cleaning supplies. I shop at 2 different stores. One is SUPER cheap though some of their products taste yucky and there are lots of things I can't get there so I shop at another store as well. I buy store-brand for the most part and if it's not on my grocery list, I don't buy it. Also...funny as it may sound...leaving DH at home while I shop saves me money too. He throws lots of junk in the cart.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We are a family of 4 and my SO gets paid every 2 weeks.. we usually go spend $200-$250 when he gets paid.. and we proabably spend another $50- $100 to get the things we run out of throughout those 2 weeks. So, we probably spend about $150 a week on average. Its all cash, we get no food stamps or WIC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 31, 2008