• In the Spotlight:

keep believing

How can you keep believing in god when he always takes good people? I know a lot of people that were always taking good care of themselfs, go to church all the time and jst always try and do whats right. Then it's in "his plan" to take them I don't think they are the ones that deserve to go, or deserve to suffer with cancer. How can he be so great when he lets so much messed up things happen to the nicest most innocent people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• You have a lot to learn my friend. That's all I'm going to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We have a time to live and a time to die. There really isn't an answer for this question. I wish I could answer it.But I never question that one particular thing.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 2 things: 1)I think he takes good people because they are too good to be here on earth with all the evil that we have. Why do they sometimes suffer? One reason I have always though is they suffer for those who are not so great-maybe a family member or friend. You would not believe how many people have been taught and saved by someone who is on the brink of death.

2) I think God needs good people up in heaven. Rather it be to help him watch over us as gaurdian angels, or for other jobs he has.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Two things....1) god doesn't exist and 2) shit happens!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We all have a set amount of hours, days, years to be here in the physical. It really doesn't matter who we are or how "good" we are, it's all set in stone before we are even in the womb. I know it sucks to lose people we love and it sucks even more to know that they're "over there" happy with God, and we're stuck down here being "miserable". But the point is, they lived the life they signed up to live. And they have graduated with Honors. It is VERY GOOD to go on to Heaven. Not bad.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm not christian, but I can tell you what my mom told me when my grandma died(she is christian), she said.." Earth is like a trial that God created. It's up to us if we want to pass or fail... Some good people are taken from us... not because God wants those who are left to suffer, but because they have passed there test, and he is pleased, and wants them by his side to enjoy the fruits of heaven... for those that are bad that die young... God wants them punished sooner... And for those that die later in life, when they are old and gray... God thinks they had more to learn before he sent them on there way. .." It made me feel a lot better at the time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Why don't you ask him your self? He is always listening.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i have struggled with this also and still do--i have been told that it is not "god" that causes the bad things to happen--such as cancer, etc but satan--but that "god" is the one that gives us the strength to get through these trying times, etc--do i agree with that--no not all the time--still a huge struggle with and hope to understand someday.
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 3:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Read about the Fall of man and you will know why God allows to let these things happen.. Satan is called the prince of this world in the bible..
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 8:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Don't forget to read the book of Job. There's also a passage that speaks to being tested and purified in the fire like silver and gold.
    PurpleCristal

Answer by PurpleCristal at 1:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2009