• In the Spotlight:

If you ever had a broken heart please read this

I am dealing with it right now . i am so freakin inlove with my baby father it's crazy. it's been over a year since i broke up with him but i can't stop thinking about him.i know that he loves me but i just think he like his freedom and the girls he talk to to much to ever stop and just be with me. it's like he like to see me upset and he hides everything from me it's crazy so im left assuming what's going on ..i cry all the time and the feeling has gotten so bad that sometime i feel like i can't breathe or something ..i don't think that i could evevr go back with him becaause i really don't like the way he makes me feel ..sick of crying and i just want out i don't want him i just want the feelings to go away please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• First thing you need to do is keep soooooo busy that you won't have time to think about him. You need to get your life together and go on. He is, why can't you. If you are meant to be together, you will be, but, don't stop living because of him.You need to concentrate on your baby. They pick up so much and react to it, also. You have his baby and he will always be a part of your life but that doesn't mean that you can't be happy. So get Happy and stop hurting.It will take time, but, time is on your side.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I was in the same situation sort of. My babys father left when I was 5 months pregnant, I know he couldn't deal with my hormones, I was a nut case. I know he still loves me even though we haven't spoken since and my daughter is 5 months old. He's just afraid to settle down, he wants his freedom, it's obvious. He left 5 days before our wedding, I am finally over him, after 10 months, But a part of me wants to love him because he is her dad. But I learned that in time everything will be okay. Time truly does heal. It may take you a little longer then me, But hang in there! STAY STRONG!
    b_pacheco

Answer by b_pacheco at 6:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Here's my advice . Stay busy even if it's reading taking the baby shopping or etc. Also start dating again. Find someone you have things in common with. Stop crying over this guy. He doesn't sound worth it. You need to find someone who respects you and doesn't play games. Good Luck. It's New Years tonight is a great night for starting a new life !!!!!
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If its been a year and you havent gotten over it it sounds more like an obsession then love. You need to move on with your life and I would seek some counseling. I had to do that myself and I remember sitting and crying and explaining why I was so upset. After I got done telling the therapist why I was so upset she asked me one question "Why do you think you deserve to be with someone who obviously doesnt love you? Dont you think you deserve more?". It was like a moment of total clarity. This guy obviously doesnt deserve you or your love and you need to remind yourself that everyday when you look in the mirror or at your child. There is someone out there waiting for a wonderful woman like yourself and as long as you hang onto this other idiot you will never find the love you deserve.

Answer by gemgem at 8:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• There is a great book called How to Fall Out of Love. I got mine at www.abebooks.com for a dollar. amazon also has them used as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I went through it with my ex that left me for another woman...and it was because I drug that shit out. We would talk and I would pick up some little thing he said and make hope for our relationship out of it. We would still talk all the time and I had to cut that out and go out with another man before I ever even started to get over him. I know you have to see him for your child, but you've got to cut out the conversation about anything else...or whatever else is tipping you off to who he is talking to...its got to go. And then go on a date.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It's oging to take some time. I have been in that position before, and when you're in that moment it feels like it's th end of the world. Just keep in mind that there is a reason that you're no longer with him and that there is someone out there for you that is a million times better! Try to keep your mind on other things like your child, and start to let him go. The pain and sadness will eventually go away. Big hugs for you!hugs

Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Stay busy and also it wouldn't hurt to talk to someone. A grief counselor and your Dr., there are some great medications that can get you through this depression honey. Just keep on keeping on...soon that broken heart will have mended and you will be well on your way to something better....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008