When should you change your loofah in your shower?

momofana82

Asked by momofana82 at 8:09 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• I do mine about once a month.

Answer by gemgem at 8:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If you mean the mesh netting kind (as opposed to the sea sponge type), I change mine when they start to get "floppy" or stretched out--maybe every 3-4 months?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We all have our own and i change them around once every month to 2months.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i don't use an actual loofah, but one of those bath puff things. i saw a story on the today show, about how much bacteria is in those things. gross! i wash my cheech with that!!!! you're supposed to change it out every 4 weeks. i go to the dollar store and stock up...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 8:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I change mine when it gets floppy but i think you are supposed to change it every 4 to 6 weeks
    kenziesmom2006

Answer by kenziesmom2006 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't have a "loofah" but I do have a bath lilly (net body pouf on a string) and I change it monthly. I keep a stock of colors in my linen closet and then just pull one out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• wow...I just put mine through the washer. Probably haven't had a new one in a year! Does that make me gross? lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I would NEVER use a natural loofa sponge. They can harbor so much bacteria it's not even funny. The plastic scrunchie kind are better, but anything that sits in your bathroom wet is a breeding ground for bacteria. I'd just use a clean washcloth every time you shower. If you need something stronger to exfoliate dry, flaky skin, get a scrub cream.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2009