How often should you change your toothbrush?

momofana82

Asked by momofana82 at 8:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• My dentist says every 90 days .
    I buy the ones that have color changing bristles and get new ones when the color goes , it is usually around 90 days when that happens.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Every 3 months or as needed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I change mine about once a month. I use the medium bristle ones and you can really tell when they are getting worn out. Plus I think that letting them sit there that long is really nasty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have the electric ones where you keep buying the removeable top and all you need is batteries and you only need batteries once every month or sometimes 3. Depends what batteries you get. And you don't have to keep spending lots on toothbrushes.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• You should change them every 3 months because they harvest bacteria
    kenziesmom2006

Answer by kenziesmom2006 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Every three months is what I hear. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to toss them after you are sick, too, although I am told that soaking them in peroxide when you are sick helps. In addition to a regular toothbrush I also have an electric one that I got from my dentist. It recharges- you plug it in overnight when it slows down, otherwise there is no cord when you are using it. No batteries to buy and dispose of.

Answer by Bmat at 12:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I change mine every 2-3 months on a regular basis, but I also change it after I've been sick. We stock up on them so we always have some in our linen closet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I just saw this on the doctor show that's on each week day morn at 9am! You should be changing to a new one every 2 months..also you should be cleaning once a week...equal part's peroxide and water...rinse brush well after each cleaning..and do NOT keep on counter near the toilet either, the spray we can't see from flushing the toilet..reaches the brushes and EW you know the rest!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i replace mine monthly.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 9:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I replace mine about 1 to 2 months....
    mami-chula

Answer by mami-chula at 12:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009