Terrible threes?

i think this is more common than the Terrible twos! My daughter has never been so sassy in her life...
How about your 3 yr old?

kaylajean86

Asked by kaylajean86 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• all three of mine were great in their 2's but their 3's where overwhelming for me

Answer by admckenzie at 8:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have 5 boys 5,3,2,17mo, 4mo. So i know what you mean. My 3 and 2 yr olds Tristan and Tyran and little trouble makers and they look so alike it's unbeliveable even though they're not twins and thats why we named Tyran with a T because of Tristan. They draw on the walls, bring mud in the house and i never had any trouble with my oldest Dylan he was as good as gold with everything but when i had the boys i thought i would'nt have anymore but i had 2 more lol.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 9:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My daughter is only one but I liked reading everyones answer so I can prepare :) LOL
    WaitingSarah

Answer by WaitingSarah at 9:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• wow mummytomore you have your hands full!! thanks!
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 3's are way worse than 2's!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i definatly agree about the Threes. They are more challenging because a three year old can reason more easilly and not to mention their emotions are more intenst than a two year olds. Developmentally and intellectually the three year old is more mature so they are figuring out ways to test everyones patience. I have a 3 yr. old a 2 yr. old and a 7month old and the 3 yr. old is the most challenging. I think it is that way until about age 5. I used to teach kids ages 3-4 with emotional/behavioral problems. I also taught 1st graders and they were much easer to handle.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• You are right! Three's are much more difficult to deal with than two's. I have experienced this with my own two girls and I have taught 3-5 year olds for 20 years. When a child is two, they can still be redirected, distracted from what they are upset about or you can get them to do what you want them to. A three year old knows that they have the ability to make something happen or to keep something from happening and love a good power struggle!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• A very wise woman once told me that there is o such this as the terrible 2's. It's the terrible 1's 2's 3's and all the way up to the terrible 30's. It doesn't get better it just gets different. I whole heartedly agree! Good luck!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• yEAH, My son was in his three when he began getting all crazy, and more. Definelty terrible THREE!!!
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 2:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• my son turned into a total wise guy over night when he turned 3.. YIKES! Now that he's 4, it's evening out a "little" bit!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2008