she's only 12 what should i do?

on christmas i was at my in laws house. his little sister showed me her phone. while i was looking through it a text message came through. now she has one of those phones that just shows you the message automatically. it read "do you wanna see a picture of it, its real big. if you let me get in between your legs you wont be able to walk the next day" i gave her the phone back. i just was shocked. i couldnt even find the words to say anything. i am close to his family. i still havent found the words to tell him. or should i even tell anyone. im lost, dont know what to do. any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• uhhh i would tell your hubby thats his sister!! you shouldn't say anything to anyone else but his brother. she is only twelve.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would talk with her and tell her how that is wrong on so many levels. Remind her how important it is to have self respect, high self esteem and that boys have little or no respect for girls who don't respect themselves by letting boys use them for their own selfish pleasure.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• You might want to find out the full story from her and do not tell your hubby because that's her brother and she would'nt want him to know and it will stop her trusting you, so i think you should speak to her girl to girl and tell her you will not tell anyone you would just like to know about the person who sent her it, because it might have been a joke.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 9:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Definitly say something hun... a dude that talks like that probably isnt' 12 himself, and shes to young to think about the consquiences. What if she picks up a STD or get pregnant? You need to say something right away. My cousin and her friend got preg at the same time... and she was 13 and her friend 12... the dude that her friend was preg by was 18...and get this... charges were never pressed because the dude had a learning disorder or something like that... he acts like a normal person... you'd never know he had issuses. And that baby is almost 2 years old and that dad still has no job... nor has he ever paid support!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Thats just some of the bad things that can come out of being 12 and not really thinking before you do things.... so say something and don't feel bad about it for a minute.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Would you want someone to tell you if it was your daughter? I know I would. Wow this world is really scary! I would speak to the girl, and I would tell the parents.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:20 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would tell him, and if you're close enough to her mother probably her too, since she's 12 and it's still her parent's business. This could be a pervert and the person who sent the text could be years and years older than her and you could be preventing something awful. Personally I think you need to talk to your in laws and soon, before anything awful happens.
    tripletmomtobe

Answer by tripletmomtobe at 9:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I am very close with my boyfriends family and I tell his mom everything especially if I think its something that needs to be talked about. She is 12 and these days kids are sexually active at this age maybe her parents can give her some advice on this or put her on birth control before its to late.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would tell dh and stay out of it otherwise. Thats his sister and his family so he would know how to approach the topic with his parents more then you. You dont want to be labeled the meddling wife or something, not that you would, but if its brought up wrong they might get mad at you. You know that ole saying dont kill the messenger.

Answer by gemgem at 9:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would talk first with her and insist she go to her own mother about it.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2008