Side by Side or Front and Back Double Strollers?

Which do you recommend, and why?
Also... If anyone has used or bought a Bumbleride Indie twin... Is it as great as I think it is?!? Worth the $600?

wendy46121

Asked by wendy46121 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had both. When my boys were babies the standard double stroller worked the best. As they got older i bought a side by side umbrella stroller and it was a life saver.

Answer by gemgem at 9:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would say front and back, there are alot of places that just aren't wide enough for a side by side.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I used a front and back. It was easy to use anywhere.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My opinion. I would prefer a front and back stroller. Probably easier to maneuver in public.

Answer by louise2 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Depends on for what you're going to use it.

Serious walking...get a jogger.

Just for easy transport in stores and such....tandem.

Joggers are easier to maneuver for walking...and have higher weight limits.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I use a front and back because it is easier to fit through doors and in stores. Also when the kids become old enogh they cant take things from each other or argue as easilly.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Twins fight over the front one when they get a little older. We used the side by side one like at zoos and places like that. People will move over most of the time for you to get by. They don't work in stores though.
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 9:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I had both. The side by side works best for places like the zoo and parades and the front and back works better for shopping.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I really want a front and back one.BUT Combi has side by side in pink lol AND it has great ratings..I have been going over thing for months now and hope that by the 26th i didnt change my mind AGain..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have a side by side now that I use with my 16 month old twins, and I have a couple of problems. It really is too wide to easily fit through doors and many store aisles, and my babies also fight and sometimes even bite one another (maybe more of an issue because they are the same age). I do like that it folds easily and is pretty light, but I am looking for a tandem stroller for shopping trips. I had a tandem when they were infants, and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it was heavy and hard to get it in and out of the car. I don't know about the Bulbleride, but if you use a stroller a lot, a more expensive one might be worth it. I really don't use my double stroller that much because I usually leave one of the babies at home with Daddy or I take my 12 year old to handle one of them.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008