why would the vets office have on my bill euthanasia, when in fact he wasnt put to sleep, they said he died, i called them and they said it was put on there mistakely, i wonder what can i do to find out the truth about what was done to him?

he was taken there and told he had parvo, day by day he was bad then better, i was told not to bring anymore puppies here or theyd get it, cause thats how bad parvo spreads, well ive had newborn puppies here now theyre going on 4 wks old, and they are fine, just fine. i always questioned that vet, and was wondering how can i find out if they actually put him to sleep or not. i was never asked to come up there or nothing.

SHADYZGIRL1983

Asked by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pets

• I have worked in vet clinics for years...usually there is a deceased code that can be entered into the system to let the computer know that the dog has passsed. everywhere I have worked the Euth code was only used...well for a Euth. Do they still have the puppies body..I know it is tough but you might consider a lawyer to get the animal back and have a necropsy done to determine if Euthasol was used. If they euthanized without consent you would have one heck of a suit on your hands...however it could be something as simple as a receptionist misunderstanding what happened and entering the wrong code. definately talk to them. PM me if you have any questions! Good Luck
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• dont pay for that then you'll know!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a shady vet. They legally have to have your permission to put your dog to sleep, they have to get your signature on a paper. I had a puppy pomeranian who got parvo and died a month after we got her and we had to give them permission to put her to sleep. Sounds like a bad situation. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2008