How many think???

That looking at porn is/or can be considered cheating on their spouse? Men or women looking at it... just a question to hear some opinions... lets not let this get out of hand lol.....

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it is... to my lust is cheating. But I also make sure I talk about this with guys before I get involved because I know my thinking on the matter is different the a lot of peoples and I don't want to get in to a world war about it later in the relationship. My b/f has the same mind set as me on this topic so it works out great for us. I always tell girls who ask me what they should do because they don't like it... that maybe hes not the one... because trying to tell a guy that they can't look at porn can be a full out battle that you probably won't win if they want to look at it.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't think it is at all. DH and I both watch it. Together and separately.
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Nope. Not IMO.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I dont think so
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The bottom line is that marriage properly defined is one man and one woman for life. To bring in another person in any form is detrimental to the marriage covenant. Some people may choose to deny this fact, but it is still a fact. It may not be evident in the short term, but if the marriage lasts long enough, the harm will become evident.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• no. not at all. some people would rather watch it than get it on with their partner, thats when it becomes a problem. but when you can enjoy it together thats a good thing.
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't think it's considered cheating unless the person uses it to replace you. As long as your sex life is still normal and doesn't suffer because of it then it should be fine.
    dinkerstory

Answer by dinkerstory at 11:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree with Dinkerstory...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I dont think it is cheating but you have to be open about with your SO. If you or him are hiding it from each other and sneaking around it can cause problems in your relationship. Women normally dont get into porn as much as men because men are more visual. If he likes to watch porn then maybe you need to try watching it with him. You have to remember that it is just some actress or model and that person will never actually have any contact with him. It is almost the same way when we see a hot picture of someone like Brad Pitt with their shirt off or naked.
    sixlilmonsters

Answer by sixlilmonsters at 11:53 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't think it's worth throwing away a good relationship over.

But if it turns into a habit, and the man (or woman) spends more time, money, energy, devotion on PORN than they do on their spouse.... Then it's time to call the marriage counselor.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2008