I am going in for my schedule c-section on Jan.23 but I thought I was going in a week b4 cuz it was my 39 week mark but..

Insted I am going at 40 weeks and 2days. My OB said we will be doing it when I am 39 weeks but the L&D room called and set my date 2 days after my due date. So my question is has anyone had there schedule c-section passed there due date?

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure someone has had it done. You might want to call your doc and confirm that this is when he wanted to do it. It could just be an error at registration. It sucks to have to go past due, but it's fine and doesn't harm anything.
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Well I went to see him yesterday for my 37 week check-up and he said "well you have 2 weeks left" and I said well no not really L&D called me on Monday and set my date after my due date and he said "huh really" then just asked if I had any questions and left the room.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My 1st child was 16 days overdue when they induced and I ended up with a C-Section, my 2nd child was born the day after his due date (scheduled), my 3rd child was scheduled for her due date and I actually went into labor for the first time 2 hours before I was due to leave for the scheduled C-Section! (I ended up with an emergency C-Section because the cord was wrapped around her neck). My 4th child was born in a different state and here they schedule it for 2 weeks before your due date.

That was my experience with 4 C-Sections in 4 years : )
    PeachyApple

Answer by PeachyApple at 10:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm going for mine on the 13th of Jan. It is at 39 weeks when they schduled it they gave me a piece of paper that said it was subject to change. If the hospital or Dr needed it to. Maybe something happened at the hospital were they needed to change it. 2 days over isnt that much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yea I needed to go in around the 12-17th of Jan. But O well I guess he can keep baking lolz I just wanted to know if anyone had it after the 39th week
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My first c-section was unexpected. I went to 41 weeks, 6 days and my labor never progressed, things went bad, I had a c-section.

My next (scheduled section) was at 38 weeks, 4 days (theory being they wanted to do it 7-10 days before my due date to avoid me going into labor before the scheduled date)

...and my 3rd was at 39 weeks, 4 days (they changed theories LOL... now the theory was that they wanted me to be within a week of my due date to avoid having an unexpected premature baby. He was 10 lbs. 6oz. 22 3/4". No preemie worries there. Heh heh.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 7:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2008