• In the Spotlight:

rash under her neck

i have a 7month old and was woundering if i could use desitin under her neck,,she sweats at night and only gets a rash every great now and then. or woul;d it be better to use cornstarch?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 10:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use triple paste under my baby's neck I just make sure the onesie covers the area I put it on. I also change her onesie often to try and keep her dry their. It's kind of hard to prevent when they are drooling a lot lol. Or bibs... we use a lot of bibs to.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• PS no bibs while sleeping... that'd be dangours!... figured I'd throw that in there just in case!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would talk to your pedi. My daughter had the same thing going on and it turned out to be a yeast infection. They will give you a script and if you can't afford it ask for a free sample.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree with christine.. my niece had the same thing only during the summer and it turned into a yeast infection. If its not bad though, I would suggest for the meantime using baby powder (or cornstarch.. same thing basically) unless it gets really red and stays for more than a couple days or it seems like it hurts her.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i was going to say the same thing as christine, i thought it was a heat rash too. it could be that or a yeast infection.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'd use cornstarch....I would think those creams would stain, and get on everything...

Try some pure Coconut oil/cream, then a sprinkle of cornstarch. Ohh, she would smell so sweet! Coconut oil/cream can be used for diaper rash as well, all natural, and is a wonderul moisturizer. My SIL uses on clients during massage, for those who are sensitive to the essential oil fragrances. A little bit goes a long way. But that reminds me I have to get to the health food store, and buy some more! We are almost out!
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• grape seed extract works wonders on yeast infections, you can also use female yeast infection cream.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2008