Did your body ever go back to normal after pregnancy?

I don't mean weight. I never had heartburn before in my life until I got pregnant. Now my son is almost 6 months old and I still get it. My nails are still growing like crazy (which is good since the barely grew at all before). Did you experience this? Will these go away eventually or is it permanent?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 10:20 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• You body can take up to 7 years after the stoppage of milk production for your hormones to plain out. And they may be perminintly changed... Personally I am hungry from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed no matter how much I eat. There are even nights I wake up to eat I am so hungry. I NEVER was like that before I had kids. I hated it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes, it takes a year or so for your body to return to normal. I have heartburn, too, after being pregnant.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• You are still totally hormonal. It will get back to normal. I agree with the PP.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• nope not yet I still have to work on it I am 37 and lets just say Alexxa did a number on me I still have 9 lbs to loose and I really need to tone :) but I will get there so no worries
    Debalexxa

Answer by Debalexxa at 1:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My son will be a year old in January, and my hair is just now starting to get back to normal, it was never so oily before he was born, my skin is getting there to!
    Anonymous

• No, it never goes back. Usually something changes forever. My oldest is 14.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I haven't had any problems like that but I don't think you should worry. I heard it takes 6 months-1 year for your hormones and such to get back to normal. Just because maternity leave is 6 weeks doesn't mean our bodies heal that fast!
    Anonymous

• Didn't mean to make that last answer anonymous. Anyway, as soon as I entered that I realized my body has been a little different. I never had oily hair before pregnancy and I had GREAT skin, I mean like porcelin. My hair got oily and my fac broke out during pregnancy and my hair is just now starting to go back to normal but is still more oily than before and my baby is 7 months old. My skin is still breaking out all the time no matter what type of face care I use and I have used everything.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008